Despite modern advances in oral care, cavities continue to be a prevalent problem in our society. The good news is that cavities can be treated, and the sooner, the better to keep them from spreading. At Bearley Dental, Charlottesville, Virginia, Dr. Daniel Bearley treats cavities with tooth-colored composite resin fillings.
Tooth-Colored Fillings Benefits and Cost
Silver amalgam fillings were the go-to fillings for cavity treatment for the longest time. Today, most people are choosing composite resin fillings due to their tooth-colored appearance. Composite fillings offer the following benefits over their silver amalgam counterpart:
- Esthetic appeal – Composite tooth-colored fillings are composed of acrylic resin combined with powdered glass or ceramic material. The color of the filling can be matched to the color of your natural teeth so that it blends in with your smile. If you need fillings on visible teeth and want to preserve your smile’s appearance, you’d do well to choose composite filings
- Preservation of tooth structure – Composite fillings don’t require much drilling or enamel removal for their application. This helps preserve more of your tooth’s strength and structure
- Strength-building – Composite resin fillings bond directly to your tooth, strengthening its weakened structure to keep your tooth from crumbling
- Quick and easy – For the most part, composite filling treatments are quick and easy and can be completed in one dental visit
- Metal- and mercury-free – Composite fillings contain no metal or mercury. Their biocompatible composition poses no risk to your gums or teeth
- Resistant to temperature change – Composite tooth-colored fillings won’t contract or expand with temperature changes in your mouth, making them less likely to crack or come loose
Composite Fillings Cost
Composite fillings may cost a bit more than silver fillings, but the benefits they offer offset the extra cost, making them a worthy investment to preserve your oral health. If you have multiple cavities, you can take advantage of our easy payment plans to complete your treatment.
For affordable tooth-colored filling services near me, contact Dr. Daniel Bearley from Bearley Dental, Charlottesville, VA, at (434) 443-8034.
Share this Article